Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

Asr and asb lights stay on,car in limp mode. Changed brake

Customer Question

Asr and asb lights stay on,car in limp mode. Changed brake switch. New brakes and sensors, cleaned speed sensors are switch does not turn asr off, think parkokngg brake switch needs replaced. And.......battery test indicates fair. It shows 12.3 volts at start then engine running brings it to 13.9. Nothing seems to take it out of limp mode. My radio was working fine during all this, then when I turn it on now it says Code. I am very frustrated and think its something simple. Had car for many trouble free years and this seem s to have developed shortly after installing new rear brakes. Did new rotors and pads not sensors. Just did them all today.ordered new parking brake switch. Also dash reads check electronics and check brake lining. Whew!!!!
JA: The Mercedes Mechanic's require payment for their services. It's way less expensive on JustAnswer than face-to-face would cost. Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: Car was running perfect for several hundred miles after rear brake install then walked out when releasing park brake 3 times over a period of days, but that may be coincidental. Can I record vehicle through radio?? MB friend in Florida did one day a few years ago for something. Called him today and he thought replace speed sensors,without seeing vehicle. Does the trans have a sensor for the asr system
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box.
Customer: Both!
JA: What year is your Volts?
Customer: ?? What year is??
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Gone through all 4 brakes and sensors new. Disassembled. Asr sensors and cleaned all replaced brake light switch.checked battery with load tester
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Radio in car asking for code
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 3 months ago.

Hello, Lou P here, i can assist, of your whole story the one thing that is missing is the most important. well 2 things, what year and model and also why have you not had fault codes read yet? a fault code would lead us to the circuit that is having the issue. and there are way more parts to the abs/asr/esp system that you may not even know about. so before we do any more testing and or replacing i recommend getting the codes read. that will save us both hassle and unnecessary time spent guessing.

also if you give me your vin number i can get you the radio code. and NO there is no way to code anything in the car through the radio. Lou P.