Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Check engine light with codes 1203, 1207 0764 and 0765. Cam

Customer Question

check engine light with codes 1203, 1207 0764 and 0765. Cam position sensors were replaced already
JA: Does the light stay on, or does it blink?
Customer: the light stays on.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: I took the readout to local MB dealer who said it would have to go in for further diagnostics
JA: What year is your Mercedes?
Customer: 2007 c280
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: it is I car i would like to buy. it is at a hyundai dealer and is in very nice shape with 77000 kms. I don't want to inherit a 5000$ engine repair
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: is this something that most MB dealerships should be able to handle? Espec since the sensors were already changed
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 9 months ago.

hello i will need to check the vin to see if it is within the balance shaft range, what is the vin number?

Hello did you have a chance to acquire the vin?

1207 P0016 Constant adjustment of intake camshaft of right cylinder bank in direction 'Advanced' (P0016)

most likely a failed or sticking valve or the sensor and adjuster is installed wrong

1203 P0019 Constant adjustment of exhaust camshaft of left cylinder bank in direction 'Advanced' (P0019)

same as above

0764 P0366 B6/7 (Right exhaust camshaft Hall sensor) : The time of the signal value change is implausible. (P0366)

0765 P0393 B6/6 (Left exhaust camshaft Hall sensor) : Short circuit to positive or open circuit (P0393)

i do not like the looks of these codes, there is no reason for the camshafts to be advanced unless someone installed the cam adjusters wrong, i would stay away from this car. this is a basket case waiting to happen. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.