Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Ive just got merc 2.7cdi in was running fine the just

Customer Question

hi ive just got merc 2.7cdi in was running fine the just stopped no wont start i sprayed easy start in it started the just cuts out i dont think deisel getting to injectors
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: the engine turns over fine
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2.7cd1 53 plate
JA: What year is your Mercedes?
Customer: 2003
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just pulled the pipes of fuel filter and sucked the deisel up just to make sure there was deisel
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

In allot of cases this model can be common for a restricted fuel filter that causes this issue here.If this was not replaced and your not sure when it was replaced last I would replace it and see if this resolves the fault.If this does not resolve the fault or was already replaced let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
hi filter been changed
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

Have you had the fault codes checked at all with a fully compatible scan tool for your model?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
it was running fine 1 hour ago then just sat there on tick over and stopped then wouldnt start again
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
do there have electric fuel pump in tank
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

On some models there is a low pressure fuel pump in the fuel tank that fails.I dont have the complete data for your model here but yours may have one like most and it sounds like it may have failed to provide the low fuel pressure to the fuel filter then to the injection pump.I would have this tested further to see if this is the case for sure here and the low pressure pump replaced as needed.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
or could it be a relay
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

In most cases it is usually the low pressure fuel pump in the tank.I havent seen any relays fail before myself that had caused a no fuel issue like this here.

Thanks Pete