Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

Rear door does not open. I hear clicks, but its all, Its the

Customer Question

rear door does not open. I hear clicks, but its all
JA: Where exactly do you think the noise is coming from? And how long has this been going on?
Customer: Its the same noise like it was before when its worked, but nothing happens
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2010 ML350 AWD
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Lubricated lock
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: That about all
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 2 months ago.

Hello, these rear end door locks usually fail internally and the latch/ lock itself is what needs replaced, some times it is a software issue and sometimes its the hydraulic pump that fails if you have the automatic raise and lower feature. if you gently pull on the rear door and at the same time press the unlock hatch button does the door open??

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Door is locked all the time. To open it I need to get inside and move switch inside door. The door stopped to go up and down automatically.

ok so you do have the automatic opening and closing rear end door?

the latch has failed internally. you need to replace the latch, as for the automatic rear door let me know if you have it installed we can check that as well.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may receive my credit for assisting you. Thank you.