Master Auto Tech.
Master Auto Tech., master tech.
Experience:  A.S.E. Master technician. Over 20 years working on import & domestic. Owner/operator of an auto shop
17920890

Won't start after driving through gh water, no they are not

Customer Question

Won't start after driving through high water
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: no they are not corroded
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2009 ML500
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: dried out water in the battery compartment
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Is the SAM flooded?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Kevin replied 4 months ago.

Hi im kevin how high was water ?and did car stop in water ? What happens when trying to start?

Expert:  Master Auto Tech. replied 4 months ago.
I'm sorry you are having problems with your vehicle. I will try to help.I'm a full time mechanic and have been a mechanic for over 20 yrs and I work part-time here on JustAnswer to help you and others repair their own vehicles, and I get credited by your ratings.. So before leaving the site make sure and leave me a rating. You can still reply to me as many times as neeed, even after the rating.. I will need for you to be my hands and eyes since I'm not there.Do you have any warning messages or check engine light? And does it turn over at all? Does it make any noise when trying to start? And did it die when going thru the water or it just wouldn't start later?Let me know and I'll continue to help.Thanks
Sonny