Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

I have a ml320 and it starts up but dies out, I think

Customer Question

I have a ml320 and it starts up but dies out, I think someone took a fuse out, just need to know which one it would be, also 2 doors are not locking, ..would the doors be a fuse also or is it the actuators?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 3 months ago.

Hi, if the ML starts and dies it can be caused by a faulty key. If you have a spare key I would try that first. Next you can try turning the key on without starting the car and leave it on for 3 minutes then start the car and see if it will idle. As far as missing fuses, I would just install a 10 amp fuse in any empty slots in the fuse box and see if that solves the problem.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Expert:  Marty replied 3 months ago.

If only 2 doors are not working the problem is most likely to be the door lock actuators.