Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician
14928985

Convv. top unsecure but cant open trunk to secure it

Customer Question

convv. top unsecure but cant open trunk to secure it manuallly. 2002 clk 320
JA: Have you tried silicone spray or WD-40?
Customer: yes
JA: What is the model of your '02 Mercedes?
Customer: clk 320
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes and persistence with key worked before
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: it only opens manually. is there a stop mechanism on trunk operation if top is not secure
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 4 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If you havent yet try pushing down and pulling up on the trunk while trying to use the key to release it.If this was already attempted or does not work at all here let me know so we can continue from here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,a rating of 4 or 5 is apprectiated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete