Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.

A jet fan on my 2001 Mercedes C240 stays on almost all the

Customer Question

a jet fan on my 2001 Mercedes C240 stays on almost all the I disconnect/re-connect the battery first? And the remote keys quit working (shortly before fan problem) - both as a RC and an ignition key...i replaced the batteries in both...
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. The cooling fan running all the time is not likely related to the remote keys. Before you disconnect the battery start first with having the computer system scanned to see if there are any fault codes setting. Once you have them post back with them and we can work from there to try and determine the cause.