MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes

I have an intermittent Starting problem with my 2008 smart

Customer Question

I have an intermittent Starting problem with my 2008 smart car. Sometimes it starts no problem. for example the other night I started it. turned it off and it wouldn't start. let it sit for two days just went out and started two times in a row. no ryme or reason. Any ideas?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP

1- do you have a voltmeter to check battery level at time of no start, that means one person turn ignition switch to start position and another battery , at that moment when key is turned to start what is your battery reading 12volts and higher ?

2- is there a red led security light flashing or steady on when you try to start ?

3- is there any check engine light on now?

4- have you had the car scanned to retrieve any fault codes ?

5- do you have 1 or 2 keys , if have 2 have you tried it ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat