Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

Marty, I did check the climate control module fault codes.

Customer Question

Hi Marty,I did check the climate control module fault codes. The clutch engaging but the suction hose is not getting cold. The AC will cool some but not much. Code 419 - Electromagnetic clutch on the display. Could it be a bad compressor as you stateTd? If the compressor is bad please send me instructions on how to replace the compressor.Here's the VIN number. WDBLJ65G5WF014211.Thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 3 months ago.

Okay, you need to make sure that the system is fully charged. Next I would check the system pressures in order to evaluate the compressor. It sounds like you may have a bad compressor but there are other possibilities. I've attached instructions for replacing the compressor and drier below.