MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I have 2004 sl500 Mercedes that failed to start, initially

Customer Question

I have 2004 sl500 Mercedes that failed to start, initially it would start in the morning but after running awhile the starter would turn very slow and it would require a jump start. It completely failed to start today and I call Mercedes road side service who replaced the starter battery , however it still failed to start and the technician stated it was probably my electronic key that had failed
JA: When you turn the key, do you get a single loud click, or a series of rapid ones?
Customer: single loud thumb and humming
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The key will unlock door but not give an emergency signal when pressed
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the key-less start does the same on the shift as the key
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 4 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad ,Welcome To JustAnswer, I'm reviewing your question and I will be be posting a replay ASAP