Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I had my car detailed yesterday and now the head rest and

Customer Question

I had my car detailed yesterday and now the head rest and driver seat are stuck and won't adjust.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2010 glk 350
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I would like to fix it myself. I've tried looking to see if any wires were bothered when it was detailed yesterday but I don't see anything. Are the two items combined at all? Meaning, do they work or break together?
JA: Have you checked all the fuses? Do you have a wiring diagram?
Customer: No I don't. Can u send me one?
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello and sorry for the delay, do you have the memory seat option? if so does the seat move when pressing any of the memory button numbers?

also check fuse 45 in the rear trunk fuse box. also do the window switches and mirror switches work?

let me know what you find and we can continue. also i would suggest again checking under the seat to make sure nothing was unplugged. that is the most common cause or a wire that got pulled out of a connection. hope this helps, let me know, Lou P.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hi Lou. No I did not have the memory option set on my driver seat.Yes, window switches and mirrors workWhere is fuse 45 in the trunk?

here is where it is at

sorry for the delay

http://www.mediafire.com/view/cx0sqyq2mzw2bia/204%20rear%20sam%20fuse%20box.jpg

for the location, if you pick up the spare tire cover you will see a small panel that can be removed at about the 1 o'clock position that is where the fuse box is at.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I found the fuse box. I didn't see a #45

ok i sent you a link to how the fuse box is laid out, check that and compare to yours

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Thanks Lou. Where it appears the 43-47 are in your diagram are not in my car. I have 4 fuses- 7.5, 30, 30 7.5
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I sent you a pic too in that last reply
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
if you would be ok with a phone call my cell phone is(###) ###-####

It's in the center I can see it. Our fuse boxes are laid out the same. Look in the middle where the green 30 amp fuses are

The number on the fuse are the Amps it will protect. The fuse number is ***** location of the fuse. Each terminal is numbered.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Ok cool. Once I find it do I just pull it out? And see if it's damaged? And if it is can I buy a new one? Sorry for all the stupid questions. I'm new at this.

Ok so here is the difference between a good and blown fuse

https://www.mediafire.com/view/7mv9n1489jia7md

You should have extras in your spare tire area. Also if it is not blown then reinsert it and see if the seat now works. It may have needed a reset. If not then the issue is under the seat with a wire or the connection. And no worries everyone has to learn at least once :) feel free to ask me anything and I'll advise.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I still can't find #45. Which one is what? What color?

ok let me see if i can help locate it, hang tight

i pointed to it and put a square around it. :)

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
No it wasn't broken. Perfect U shape

ok when you put it back in did it help or no?

also check all the other functions on the door like the windows and locks, do all of them work?

i really believe there is something damaged under the seat.

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may receive my credit for assisting you. Thank you.