MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

I have a 91 mercedes-benz 420 SEL with 140,000 miles on it.

Customer Question

I have a 91 mercedes-benz 420 SEL with 140,000 miles on it. I bought it a couple months ago and I love the car, but it came with no owners manual so I don't know what oil type it calls for and where I can get filters, oils, lubricants.. this car sat for 2 years and it's burning some oil, and not much acceleration to it. It just started to misfire or hesitate when I'm at a complete stop and take off.. I would love to bring this car to back life, but I am on a budget.. do you have any suggestions on what I can do to help the process. Cost effective, that I can do here and there.. thank you
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Super mechanic replied 10 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site.

Nice ride, it sounds like it just needs a good tune up, servicing the oil and filter, fuel filter, changing of fluids and some fresh fuel in it. Also the valve seals may have gotten dry rotted from sitting, (the oil burning).

I can put a file together with as much of the instructions that I have in my data base if you like. Along with fluid types, part numbers and locations.

I do not have access to your email address,

If you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the file in a PDF file, the file will be rather large.

You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it.

I do not have access to your email