Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I had a minor accident my 2005 Mercedes Benz 500SLThe power

Customer Question

I had a minor accident my 2005 Mercedes Benz 500SLThe power steering pump that works the hydraulic suspension also had a leak so I figured I would change at the same.No I have no pressure to my Rear brakes
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 4 months ago.

Hello , are you trying to bleed the rear brakes and why ? Also it seems that some info from your story is missing. Can you go back over your story and fill in any more info that I would need to know ? The more the merrier please and thank you :)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Other than to the airbags deployed.I did try to manually bleed them and the floor just drips out
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The two driver side airbags deployedOther than that of normal things fan radiator no hoses broke
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
There's nothing more I can add I have no back brakes I'm trying to bleed. Them

ok so how are you trying to bleed the back brakes? because you need a pressure bleeder to bleed them, if you are pumping the brake pedal you are not pumping anything your car has electronic brakes. all you are pumping is a spring and pressure to the front brakes.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Request lou pI understand my rear brakes are electric but they also hydraulic.But you still have not answered as to what the problem could beThis happened after the accident

I did sir, you will NOT get any fluid our of the rear unless you use a pressure bleeder, when you pump the brakes you are NOT pumping real brakes especially in the rear. you need to use a pressure bleeder that can produce 2 bar (28 psi) . also if you did not loosen any lines or lose fluid there is no reason to bleed.