Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I cannot start my ML350. Baterry is good. When I turn the

Customer Question

Hello. I cannot start my ML350. Baterry is good. When I turn the key on, everything seems normal. The radio comes on. But as soon I turn the key further to start the SUV, everything shuts down. I feel the anti-theft system is on. How do I deactivate the anti-theft system so I can start my SUV?
JA: Is the car in "Park" or "Neutral?" Do you know if your car has a "wheel lock" feature?
Customer: The car is in Park position. I do not know if my car has wheel lock feature. If I give you my VIN# ***** you be able to find out if my car has this feature?
JA: What year is your ML350?
Customer: 2004 ML350
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Sorry. I accidentally got out of our conversation. It took me time to get back to you. I have disengaged the battery and then connect the battery cable back after about 2 minutes. The same condition exist
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 6 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

ok so when you turn the key on to the second click the dash and all electronics come to life? but when attempting to crank the car loses all the power?

that to me tells me either loose connection at the battery or a weak battery., have you tried to jump it?

let me know and i can help you get this figured out .

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do not have the car with me now. I have it in the garage at home. I will have to jump it when I get home tonight.You do not think that the car system is thinking the car is being stolen? Is this not a case of anti-theft system in progress?

no, you will still have electronics. that is what we need to establish. make sure we are not dropping voltage somewhere.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
When I jump it and the car starts. That's well and good. However, what would be the chance of the condition coming back? What then?What would be the next thing to do when the car does not start after I jump the battery?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Waiting for your response Lou

well if you jump the car and it starts then the issue is either your battery or the cable at the battery. that is what i see happening. batteries last about 4-7 years, and i suggest interstate or dealer batteries. nothing else. no autozone or anything like that.

so one step at a time, lets see if a jump helps it, then we either charge or replace battery. then go from there. from what you describe the battery is the issue.

and no worries, you can return to me as many times as needed, i am always here to help.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Got it. There is nothing further I can ask at this time. The next time I can pick up this conversation is tonight or tomorrow. Am I allowed to do that? How do I do that?

yes you are :)

just reply back here. so make sure you remember your login and such, and you can also do this on a smart phone as well. we have an app . simply click on your current question and it will bring you back here, then reply and ill get an email stating i got a reply and i will get back to you as soon as i can.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Lou, this is my first time ever using your services at justanswer.com. I paid $5.00 on my credit card. Are there any more charges that I should know? What is my limitations on my $5.00 service fee?

OK so on my end its a little different i dont see all the stuff on the front side, what i know is that YOU set the fee based on level of detail and how fast you want the answer, so on my end it looks like the fee is 31.00, and you put down a initial deposit of 5$ until your question gets a response and then you are charged the full amount BUT there are also specials and trials that we do not know about on our end, so trust that if there is a issue or discrepancy that customer service WILL take care of you. we always do, the only customers that walk away unhappy are the ones that do not work with us and tell us their issues. 100% satisfaction. promise.

so if you have any issues or questions please use the customer service links on your end and they will help you for sure.

i have to commute now so i will check back later . so dont think i left you. :)

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok. Thanks. Drive safe. Later.

Let me know how it went. Lou