Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certs.

I had P20BD CODE i took it to the dealer the said i need to

Customer Question

i had P20BD CODE i took it to the dealer the said i need to replace the adblue tank complete.
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: i was wondering if i could just replace some parts of the tank my self
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: yes I do
JA: What year is your Mercedes?
Customer: 2013 GL350
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: the code is P20BD
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: the car runs well no issues
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. If in fact your dealer diagnostic are correct then they are correct and you would need to replace the complete tank assembly. There are no parts sold separate .

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The tank has a solenoid and the pump there is nothing more to it. So it is one of the two or both that went bad, the tank is just a plastic tank. my question is more of to which of the two items went bad and if I can replace my self?
Expert:  Ron replied 3 months ago.

There no way to know which is bad with out checking power and ground to them and Mercedes do not sell them separate . They are sold with the tank assembly. One option you may have it locating one from a salvage unit.