Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

I need to get into the engineering mode on the Command 2007

Customer Question

I need to get into the engineering mode on the Command for my 2007 GL450
JA: What is the model of your '07 Mercedes?
Customer: GL 450
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I want to add a back up camera and need to access the "engineering mode" on the command to do that. I have found that the "secret code" is different by model and model year and typically consists of a specific series and combination of buttons on the command that need to be pushed to put the unit into the engineering menu
JA: Do you have a scan tool to read the codes?
Customer: No pearl. I think you may not be understanding the problem
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: My command unit has a button that says "SERV" not SYS. It also has a motorized front panel that opens to put in the CD. This may help to identify the model of Command I have
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.I apologize for any delay.My info is limited on this here but I saw no one else had posted and wanted to see if I could help in any way on this.

Since no one has posted the info here on how to get into the engineering mode in some cases this info has to be obtained from a dealer.They may charge a small fee for this.If this is not an option for you on this here let me know.

Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here as this is how I receive credit for my time.Thanks Pete