Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

How do you re-set the convenience battery in the trunk of an

Customer Question

How do you re-set the convenience battery in the trunk of an 2003 SL500?
JA: What exactly is happening to the trunk?
Customer: I took out the actuator because the soft close was no longer working--- I glue the cracks in the plastic on the actuator and re-installed it and close the trunk.---still the final soft close does bnot work.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: LIke I said---I gorrila glued the cracks and re-installed and the forum on the internet says to "RESET" the convenience
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I keep hitting the return before I am finished-----anyway, it says to RESET the convenience battery---HOW DO YOU DO THAT????
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** order to reset the system you need to remove and reinsert fuse 71 in the rear fuse box behind the passenger seat. I've attached a fuse box diagram below. Let me know if you need anything else. Please remember to click on a rating for my service in order for the website to compensate me for answering your question.