Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have an 08 S550 4Matic and my malfunction light came on

Customer Question

Hi i have an 08 S550 4Matic and my malfunction light came on the car went up to max on all 4 wheels and the suspension got very rough and tight the car will not go down
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: No & no
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Mercedes Mechanic to figure that out. What year is your S550?
Customer: 08
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am I'm mechanically inclined nothing yet just reading up about it want to make sure I make the right move
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No nothing I can think of
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 4 months ago.

Hello, thanks for asking before jumping into this, its not a complicated system by no means BUT if you do not know how it operates you can be in for a world of hurt and expense, so the issue is that we do need a fault code. or else we can be changing and testing everything in the system for no reason. the issue is you need a scan tool that can read the suspension module (airmatic or abc depending on what you have) and get the fault codes. so you need to purchase or locate a scan tool, like this

http://www.ebay.com/itm/like/262518634897?lpid=82&chn=ps&ul_noapp=true

i have had a few customers get one like this and really like it. so let me know if you can get the codes read at a european shop, dealer, or get your own scan tool and i can get you fixed up. Lou P.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Thank you I will get it soon today or tomorrow and get back to you thanks again Kurt

ok Kurt, again i can get you fixed up on this, i am excellent with these systems and i take on almost everyone that comes to this site and the shop. so let me know what you get and i am here to help. i am on almost all day everyday except weekends i am on for short times, have to have some family time :)

but i get emails when you reply so give me time to reply and i will always reply sir. have a good sunday.

the only thing i have run into that the scanner may not be able to do a lot of is activation's, meaning that you can electronically activate items to test their functionality. so if you have a bigger better budget then visit www.mbstarshop.com

for the oem scanner, that one is the best.

any luck?