Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

The malfunction light comes on occasionally, saying

Customer Question

the malfunction light comes on occasionally, saying "malfunction suspension" However car is at proper height and level; driving/riding in car not effected.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: S550 2011 so it's a bit holder with 144k miles
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Mercedes Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: s550 2011 (but I don't want to take up the mechanic's time (or yours) if he gets a fee for answering questions.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes, I am. the light goes off immediately if I push the okay button on the steering whell
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no, thanks
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 8 months ago.

Hello, in order to know what is causing the light to come on you need to have the fault codes read with a Mercedes scan tool. without the codes i cannot begin to tell you what the issue can be or else i would be guessing and i do not like to guess. so if you can go to a shop to get the codes read and diagnosed that would be your best bet, unless you want to fix yourself then get the codes read and return here with the info and i can help you figure it out . also when you press the OK button all it does is remove the warning from the display it does not actually literally clear anything or fix anything, so let me know if you need more help or if you want to proceed, i am here if you need me, Lou P.

Please take a second and click the STARS above and rate my service 4 or 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again , Lou P.

here is a link to a few scan tools that will help

https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwiMyvqe5vbNAhUJWoYKHaEPDyIYABAj&sig=AOD64_05t1a2l96NT_5IYGT7rP76tOWvFg&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwj49vee5vbNAhWMMyYKHadWCekQ2CkI5gIwDg&adurl=

or

https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=mercedes%20benz%20star%20diagnostic