Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

My 2004 e500 Sedan rear will not rise, Nothing, The front

Customer Question

My 2004 e500 Sedan rear will not rise
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The front rises fine
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
The car was rising fine for a week. After not starting for a week, Once I restarted, I received the message, Stop, car is too low but the front airmatic suspension seems fine.
Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

Hi, welcome to Just Answer. My name is***** are a few possibilities for this problem. Either the air compressor has failed and the rear has lowered and the compressor cannot raise it back up or there is a leak in the rear air springs and the rear has lowered and the compressor cannot raise it back up due to the leak or the valve block that directs the air to the rear air springs has failed. You will need to get the compressor checked to see if it producing at least 12 bar pressure. Next would be to check for leaks in the rear air springs.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please rate my service in order for the website to compensate me for answering your question.

Marty

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Would should I do first?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Whats the possibility of both shocks going bad at the same time?
Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

The first thing to check would be the compressor. You have to see if the compressor is working and if it is putting out enough pressure before you move on to the next step. It's unlikely that both rear air springs failed at the same time. It's possible, but highly unlikely.