Brian Barr
Brian Barr,
Experience:  head tech at Jrs Automotive Sales and Service

I just started getting a message that says "top coolant"

Customer Question

Hi there, I just started getting a message that says "top coolant" for my 2007 Mercedes clk350. Does this mean I buy the antifreeze n fill it to the top??
JA: Have your car been overheating? Have you noticed any leaks?
Customer: It hasn't really been overheating..the bars will go up to a little more than half but then drop down. I haven't noticed any leaks.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I'm hoping to fix it myself. I haven't done anything so far to the car.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I was in a car accident..I rear ended a truck. Unfortunately, I was especially broke at the time and couldn't afford full coverage. There is damage to the bumper (the front of the car is slightly pushed inward)
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Brian Barr replied 3 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will assist you with your questions. Yes it sounds like your coolant reservoir may be low check and top off as needed.