MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes

I just had an accident in which my 2006 Mercedes E-350

Customer Question

I just had an accident in which my 2006 Mercedes E-350 4matic with premium package got heavy frontal damage. It has low mileage: about 85k. I have Liberty Mutual Insurance w $500 deductible. And I am waiting to hear from their Adjuster as to what his decision is on the car. I really don't know much about these things as I do not have experience, but my guess is that he might say that the car would be totaled although, of course, I am not sure. I am very emotionally attached to my black sedan: a beauty. Please make suggestions as to what I should be doing right now. I feel lost.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 3 months ago.

with it being a 2006 it books for around 6000 so if the damage is more then the car is worth or if the frame is bent then they will total it and give you a check for thevalue of the car it all depends on what the adjuster has to say

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It has been very well taken care of since I planned to keep the car for 25 years. It has about 85 k miles which is low for the age. How can I replace my car? Where do I go?
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 3 months ago.

the only way to replace is to buy a new one when they issue you a check i can give you a few websites to look if you would like they are selling for around 6000

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I don't want a new one. It is too much money. I want to stay comparable to what I had
Expert:  cloe0626 replied 3 months ago.

i meant the same year

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I saw 2007 comparable one advertised on line for $11,995
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Has more miles than mine: 89k
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Where do I go? Where do I go? Who is going to inspect the car?
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Please opt out of this question.