sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 07 sprinter 2500 with a 3.0 l diesel .I'm getting a

Customer Question

Hi I have a 07 sprinter 2500 with a 3.0 l diesel .I`m getting a hard code C 1404 and I cant find any trouble shooting diagrams I believe the code is traction control valve rear circut failure ? alldata and on demand dont show the code or a diagram to chase it . any clues ?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 11 months ago.

Hello, Mike, can i have the vin please?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Hi Lou the Vin # ***** *****

thanks, ***** ***** see if i can pull up the codes.

ok so our database does not have a code in that format. do you have access to a star diag machine or a chrysler scan tool?

c1404 on any other car does point to a rear valve circuit , but that is just generically searching the fault code. sometimes scan tool interpret their own code numbers if its an odd model like the sprinter.

i will opt out to see if another tech can help with the code you are getting, all of my codes are 3 digit and a letter. sorry , i will check back if i do find something , wish you luck man.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
No Im using a snap on solus and all the trac lights are on and wont clear I also have a po 733 gear ratio code and the tranny is not shifting past 3rd gear
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 11 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

As mentioned above this does not show to be a valid code for this vehicle, which is why you didn't find reference to it in the service information. It's pretty common for aftermarket scan tools to report codes incorrectly on Sprinters.

What module did you find this in?
What was the worded description?