MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

Cannot get truck open...we installed a kill switch on the

Customer Question

cannot get truck open...we installed a kill switch on the battery last year- everything is dead and the key wont turn to open the trunk- or the igination- all dead
JA: Did you test the battery with a voltmeter? And have you ever changed one before?
Customer: cant get to the main battery in trunk
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2003 500SL
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes- but not working out well- had a mechanic tell me to cut a hole in the trunk- not doing that
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: anyway to take off rear right panel and get to truck...
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!