Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

Contant adjustment of exaust camshaft of left cylinder bank

Customer Question

contant adjustment of exaust camshaft of left cylinder bank in direction advanced P0019?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

Has anything been tested or replaced to try and locate or repair this fault here at all?

Can you tell me the year and model of your vehicle?

Most of the time it is a cam shaft sensor/magnet that needs replaced but I want to make sure here.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
2006 r 350 before the check engine was on,we replace the timing chain because there was a noising inside was brokes in parts ,but the car was running perfect. now we have the code P0019, and 37 to 39 from one side ,and -22 to -32 the other side.the check engine do not coming off computer saying can read it
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

Did you make sure the chain was installed and aligned properly when it was installed.Did you replace the balance shaft or balance shaft gear at all?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
just balance , we did not see any problem with the chain .the car is working perfect , just checking engine do not coming off
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

O.k.,since this only occurred after replacing the balance shaft/balance gear (this was a common problem on this year and model engine) this indicates that the timing is not set correctly.Meaning the timing chain is off on one or more links causing this fault here.This wont be a sensor at fault since this was not an issue before the balance shaft/gear was replaced.

The timing chain alignment will have to be checked into further to locate the alignment issue and corrected from there unfortunately.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Sorry Pete , we just replace the gate
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

What do you mean by the gate?