Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

2009 Mercedes ML 350/127,000 miles. Right low beam headlight

Customer Question

2009 Mercedes ML 350/127,000 miles.
Right low beam headlight out. Changed bulb-no difference. While checking, I discovered that the right low beam does come on when the high beams are activated so the lamp and lamp socket are good. When high beams are de-activated the right low beam goes off. Left low beam is OK. Any thoughts?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks

ok so to be on the same page the low beam is this light here, in this picture. most times when changing the bulbs the wrong bulb is removed. you need to make sure you are locating the correct bulb in the back of the headlight. and after changing it you need to turn the headlight switch to OFF (O) and lock and anlock the car and it will or should not recognize the bulb. there is no fuse the lights are controlled via a control module under the passenger front seat. and if water gets into it it can cause random issues. the module is located under the vent on the floor so a lot of times water or drink gets spilled in there. let me know if this helps and we can continue if needed. Lou P.

Hello, are you still needing assistance? did you find my info helpful?

I have taken my time to answer your question the best i could and i will continue to help if you need follow up information , all i ask is that you PLEASE take a second to rate my service so i may receive my credit for assisting you. Thank you.

Hello, i have not heard from you for some time, i was wondering if you got the car fixed up and if you needed any more info or not, the question is still open and needs to be closed and in order for me to get credit for helping i need to be rated positively, so if you can either let me know if you need more help or if you can rate me i would greatly appreciate it. thanks , Lou P.