Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

Mercedes clk coupe 2003 diesel non starter turns over tries

Customer Question

Hi pearl mercedes clk coupe 2003 diesel non starter turns over tries to start runs for 2to3 seconds then cuts out I think it may be shut down relay valve but I don't no where it's located can u help one desperate
JA: Does the engine turn over? How old is the battery?
Customer: brand new battery turns over great
JA: What is the model of your '03 Mercedes?
Customer: clk diesel 2-7
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: want to fix it my self been in boot removed all trim wiggled all fuses and relays no joy have been told could b stand unit or may b a relay
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: of late lights come on h/lights b/lights even tho they are not switched on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 3 months ago.

Hello, can you try something for me

insert the key and turn it on and wait 30 seconds and then see if the engine starts at all. that will tell me if it is a ignition key/ switch issue or not.