Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.

My 2007 R class seems to have an airmatic issue. After

Customer Question

Hello, my 2007 R class seems to have an airmatic issue. After shutting down the engine the rear end of the car lowers itself but not every time. Somestimes it is fine for 2 weeks and then it's low again for 2 days and then it's fine again. The obd reader reports "Intermittent pressure relief valve short to ground". The compressor seems to work fine. Yesterday I pulled my boat and got the "stop car too low" warning in the display. Also sometimes if the car is low it seems the compressor doesn't start to pump it up. Any ideas? Thanks
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
After the low warning when pulling the boat, I stopped, waited 10 mins and the car raised itself. I could hear the compressor.
Expert:  Marty replied 3 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** fault code and the symptoms would point to a bad suspension valve block. If the valve block is not functioning properly it can cause the suspension to drop and also cause the suspension not to fill up. It's possible that the rear air springs are leaking but normally when the springs leak they leak consistently, not once every couple of weeks. I'd recommend having the rear air springs inspected for leakage first. If no leakage is found I would inspect the wiring to the valve block. If the wiring is okay I would go ahead and replace the valve block.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please remember to rate my service in order for the website to compensate me for answering your question.