Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I'm working on 1989 Mercedes 560SL and i'm trying to put

Customer Question

Hello there
I'm working on 1989 Mercedes 560SL and i'm trying to put back together fuse box. Is there any wiring diagram that can help me?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.

Hi Tom, my name is***** you trying to reconnect the wires to the back of the fuse box?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
there is some wires with numbers so i know where ther are connected in fuse box but rest of them is w/o.
My trying to find some kind of diagram or picture
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.

Ok, click on the attachments below. Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i tried to do something with those pics (i've purchased alldata) but there is 30 conections for 20 fueses.... its not that easy to figure our whats where etc. For exaple: fuse #1 is on the buttom , fuse #2 is above fuse #1, and there is connection between them. please look at the pics . those pics are from google
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.

You should be able to reference everything from the wiring diagram using the wire colors and the pin assignments. All of the terminals on the fuse block should be marked. Tell me where you are having trouble and I will try and guide you through it.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
i will be back by the car in next 45min so i will let you know. Thanks for helping
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.

Okay, I'll be here if you need anything.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
ok... i did myself diagram according to second diagram you send me. can you tell me which wires i need to put between fuse 11-12, 13-14 and 15-16
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thats my diagram :D sorry for quality
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.

Hi, sorry for the wait I had to leave yesterday. Using the diagrams I assume you are able to place all but the middle row of wires, is that correct? If so, tell me the colors of your remaining wires.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hi Marty. Yes, i have problem with middle row. My fuse box is all disconnect. Do you have third diagram for rest of the fuses?. i have only problem with middle row according to your diagram. If you will help me with understand it that will be great
Expert:  Marty replied 4 months ago.

Your middle row will consist of the heavy red wires, grey wires, grey/white wires, red/black and black red bundle of wires and the red/yellow wire. All of these wires should be heavier in diameter than the fuse terminal wires. If you look at the diagrams I sent you will see that the red wire feeds fuses 11, 12 and 14, the grey wire feeds fuse 13 and the grey/white wire feeds fuse 16. The red/black and black red bundle of wires feed fuses 5, 7, 8 and 10 and the red/yellow wire feeds fuse 6. Looking at the picture of the fuse box from ebay you can see that the red wires go at the end terminal. For any remaining wires you will need to use an ohmmeter to test from each middle row terminal to the fuse terminals to see which terminal powers which fuses. From there you can determine which wire goes where. For example, the grey wire feeds fuse 13 so connect one lead of your ohmmeter to the hot side of fuse 13 and probe the middle row of terminals with the other ohmmeter lead until you find the terminal that has continuity. That will be where you connect the grey wire and so on.

Let me know if you need further assistance.