Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

All 4 windows and the switch which adjusts the side view

Customer Question

All 4 windows and the switch which adjusts the side view mirrors now dose not work, I have a 2000 E320 Benz with 158,800 miles on it.
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: YES.
JA: What is the model of your '00 Mercedes?
Customer: 2000 E320 with 158,800 miles
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I looked through the online manual to trouble shoot to no avail, if its a fuse that i can replace myself i would do that if I can if I cant I will take it for service to fix it.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: There are no other problems.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
How do I reset my radio?
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 3 months ago.

Hello my name is ***** ***** i will do my best to help you.I am looking over your info now and will reply back with some info, keep in mind that trying to fix cars over the internet can sometimes take time and be tricky so please give me as much info as possible about your issues no matter how important they may seem as all information will help,

does your radio say "code"?

also did the battery die before all these issues happened?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
the radio says CODE after saying WAIT for a long period of time. The battery for the car was replaced, the windows were working properly, I can open and close the car windows from outside of the car with the key, they won't open and close from the window controls in the car, the power side view mirrors can't be adjusted from the control switch.

ok this is kinda odd, so first, get me your vin i can get you the radio code. as for the windows and mirror, at any time was fluid spilled on the window switches or the gearshift?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Vin# *****
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No Fliud was spilled anywhere in the window switches or gearshift.

Ok so when the battery was replaced at any time was the cables hooked up wrongly ?

41265 shows to be the radio code. So enter it and press the button that will be under the word "OK" and the radio should turn on. If it goes back to "code" then stop. We will need to pull the radio out. And get the serial number off the side.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
The Battery was replaced by a NYS Liscensed Mechanic so the cables were hooked up correctly.

ok, but you did not do the battery so you cannot be 100% sure., we all make mistakes lol, ok so let me check a fuse diagram and see if there is a fuse for the panel. the window switches and mirror switch are on the same panel all connected. usually the panel gets wet and damaged. if for some reason the battery was hooked up or sparked then it could have taken out the panel. we can remove the panel and unplug it and reconnect it to see if it helps reset it also, the wood trim and shifter trim just pull up.

ok so the fuse for the panel is fuse 3 under the back seat next to the battery. pull the fuse out and check it and if it is ok then reinsert it and then see if the windows move at all.