Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Mercedes W202 C280 Has no Power, nothing.

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and i will do my best to assist you.I am going over your story now and will reply back soon with some info,thanks!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

It's James from Champaign again.....lol

ok first thing i think is that the battery is weak and needs charged/jumped, have you tried this?

and i thought that was you when i seen the car lol.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I took the battery to Autozone this morning. I will pick it up in a half hour. They said it was too weak to have a reading. Battery is almost 3yrs old.

ok well that sounds like the battery is the issue then, and batteries should last about 7 -8 years IF you get a good one, i would advise an interstate battery. not the autozone ones , or parts store besides napa. so i guess let me know how it goes after the battery install. i dont think you will have another issue besides the battery.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Is there anything that could drain the battery super fast all of a sudden? I've been in and out of the car installing stereo and satellite radio. As soon as I was going to program the stereo, I got nothing. The radio powered on, etc, left, came back 20 mins later---nothing at all.

well it depends on how long the ignition key was on or a door was opened, if the battery was super weak it would not take long for a draw to kill the battery, and any time the doors are open the modules are all awake and draining the voltage.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I got the car started but there is a loud beeping sound while I'm in drive or reverse. The brake light is on as well.

parking brake is set.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

The parking brake isn't on....

it has to be set low enough for the switch to activate, pull the parking brake release and at the same time pull up on the parking brake pedal and the light should go off. check that.

the parking brake switch is the only thing that would cause this.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

Where is the switch? Does the car have to be on to deactivate it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I tried the trick and the light and beeping remained.

The switch is mounted to the parking brake assembly. You will need to access the switch and unplug the wire from it. It will or should just be a single wire at the parking brake pedal assembly. Follow the pedal up under the paneling and you should find the wire
Customer: replied 5 months ago.

I traced it up awhile ago. It may have become loosened somehow. I'm about to test it now.

ok well it only activates when the wire is touching bare metal it has to be grounded to activate. so let me know.