MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

Driver side front light cluster not working, bulbs good,

Customer Question

driver side front light cluster not working
JA: How old is your battery? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: bulbs good, battery good, passenger side cluster works fine.
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2010 GLK530 4matic
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: fix myself, continuity tested turn signal light fixture and got the tone
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: halogen light has not worked for a couple weeks, figured a bad bulb or ballast, turn signal on mirror works as well as the back turn signal. yesterday started looking at turn signal up front then the whole cluster went out.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 11 months ago.

Hello, what are you describing as the "cluster"? can you upload a photo or so? are you talking about the whole headlight assembly?

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
whole headlight assembly

ok, thanks!, so the headlights and all the lights for that matter are controlled by a control module called the "front sam"

anytime a bulb is unplugged or burnt out and replaced the system will stop power to that bulb until the light switch is cycled off and then the car is turned off and locked and unlocked and then start the car and turn the lights back on. sometimes you even need to turn off the daytime light settings in the dash settings.