Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have just bought a Mercedes Vito van 2005 model the speedo

Customer Question

I have just bought a Mercedes Vito van 2005 model the speedo digital is correct but the analogue needle is 20 klms fast it starts at 20kms the odometer was 118000 klms have done maybe 500 klms but have 138000 klms on it now
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 9 months ago.

Hello Darren, sorry to hear you are having this issue, this is extremely uncommon, going over your information it tells me that the gauge cluster is at fault as there is only one speed signal that comes in from the wiring, so the cluster uses that signal to display the screen and also move the needles, so you will need to replace the gauge cluster assembly or find a company online that can rebuild them for you. hope this helps, sorry for the delay, this weekend was an extremely busy one and we are normally way faster and responding. please let me know if you need anything else, i am here to help with what i can, Lou P. Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.