MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

2008 Mercedes M350L with recent back door lift door problem.

Customer Question

2008 Mercedes M350L with recent back door lift door problem. It was working fine, then all of a sudden today, the door shut automatically or so I thought, but the warning light (and inside dome lights stay on)on the inside panel says the door is open. I tried to reopen the door with the keyless entry remote and the button on the inside door, I can hear the latch motor running...but won't release the door. I can't unlock it manually from the outside either. Any suggestions?
JA: Have you checked the battery in the fob? Will the car open with another remote?
Customer: fob?
JA: What is the model of your '08 Mercedes?
Customer: ML350 4 matic
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Have not done anything to it so far...not sure I want to mess with a Mercedes on my own. If I need to take to shop I will, just did no want to miss an easy/simple fix if that is all it is.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Not sure if related, but yesterday the passenger side door lock stays locked..have to unlock it manually.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 5 months ago.

Hello and so sorry for the delay this weekend was extremely busy and we are normally way faster and responses, are you still needing help? i can help you get the rear door open and also get you some info on what to check to see what the issue is, but that also depends on if you plan on fixing yourself or not. again sorry for the delay, let me know if you still need help, i am on all day and will do what i can to help.