Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

I need the code 2009 Mercedes slk radio. I put in the code I

Customer Question

I need the code for my 2009 Mercedes slk radio. I put in the code I thought was the correct one and now it just says WAIT
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: Ugh. I can't find my manual. Sorry
JA: What is the model of your '09 Mercedes?
Customer: Slk 230
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, of course. I tried putting in a code 54511 and now it just says "WAIT' but nothing ever happens
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: No. I can't think of anything. Everything else on the car is fine.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.

Hi Sue, sorry for the long wait on this question. If you post your vin number I can check the Mercedes database for a radio code for your car in the morning.

Marty

Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.

Hi Sue, I received your vin number. I will reply back to this question tomorrow with your radio code. In the meantime, if the radio shows WAIT on the display you will need to leave the key turned on the first click and leave the radio turned on until WAIT changes back to CODE. It usually resets in an hour or two.

Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 5 months ago.

Marty the codes shows as 52321

Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.

Hi Sue, did you get the radio code?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I did. I put it in and now it says "MUTED"
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.

Try removing fuse 9 and see if it goes off of mute. If that doesn't work try removing fuse 13.

Let me know how it goes.

Marty

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay, I removed fuse #9 and it still says muted and so I removed #13 and it still says muted. :o(
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.

Okay, there is a yellow/black wire that connects to the back of the radio. This is the mute wire. The wire needs to be disconnected from the radio. If the radio still says muted with the wire disconnected you have an internal fault in the radio.