Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

Is there a way that I may use my Bluetooth connection (or

Customer Question

Is there a way that I may use my Bluetooth connection (or other) between my iPhone 6 and my vehicle, 2013 Mercedes GL450 to play audio through my vehicle's speaker system?There's an older 30 pin connection in the storage console between the front seats, but my iPhone has the newer Thunderbolt connection, so I was hoping I could use Bluetooth.Thanks,Richard
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 5 months ago.

Hello, Richard, can you give me your vin please? most times only an ipod can be used as the car can connect directly to the music where if you connect a phone it cannot access the music as easily electronically but if you get me your vin i can see if there is an updated cable to get you fixed up, thanks, ***** *****

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sure Lou. Here it is:4JGDF7CEXDA126247I believe when I purchased it, the dealer told me that I could plug in my iPhone, but at the time I had a iPhone 4 or maybe 5 with the older 30 pin (I believe it's called) adapter.I was wondering too if it could connect wirelessly just like I do when making/receiving cell phone calls using the Bluetooth pairing. However, maybe Mercedes has Bluetooth usage limited to just phone calls and not to be able to play music or other content like Audible's books on tape through my iPhone to the car's stereo using Bluetooth.I really appreciate your help!

yeah mercedes was lacking on the phone functions for some years, ill see what i can come up with. thanks!

ok page 211 in the audio manual with your owners manual packet tells how to pair the bluetooth audio, if you do not have it let me know and i will send it to you :) hope this helps

Please take a second and click the stars at the top of the screen to rate me so i may receive my credit , 5 stars is ideal , please request me in the future.
Keep in mind then when you rate it does not end our conversation. you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Lou P.