Dan, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Dealer Auto Technician

My 2011 GL 450 radio is very staticky like my antenna is not

Customer Question

My 2011 GL 450 radio is very staticky like my antenna is not working
JA: Have you checked the fuses?
Customer: Phone and CD work fine
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just had my car serviced by Mercedes a month ago so if it's something I can do I would like to fix it now
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Radio AM FM staticky phone and CD are fine. Car just had its 50,000 mile service
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Dan replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** am an ASE master tech, glad to help you with this.

You will need to remove the radio and verify the antenna is connected. Also check the wiring where the antenna is mounted, I have seen these fall off the antenna base and cause problems. I would suggest bringing this to dealer they should have no problem finding the issue.

If you need more help, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service. You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question, this does not close out your question. Remember, in some cases it can be difficult to completely diagnose or help repair your vehicle without being there, but I try to give you the best possible answer with the information that I have.

Thanks Dan