MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

No you want money that I will already have to pay to take it

Customer Question

No you want money that I will already have to pay to take it to a dealer
JA: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.
Customer: No I am not going to be charged for you doing nothing to help me with this problem. Latch on the trunk will not auto lock when you push it down to close but will unlock when you pull the release on the trunk lid
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: 2006 Mercedes keep saying close the trunk lid 45000 miles no problem before
JA: What is the model of your '06 Mercedes?
Customer: SL 500
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Having tried to make sure cover in the trunk is closed and trunk will release when you open but never latches down and locks when you close it. Always did before
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Yes unless he can tell me something like a fuse or exactly which switches could be bad I won't pay even to talk with him. Why double pay him and Mercedes both
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Eric replied 5 months ago.

HI,

Ok, I need the last 8 numbers of the vin number in order to pull the schematics to be able to tell you if there is a fuse or relay that may be the issue and where they are located

Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** looks like you have two questions open on the same problem. Do you want help on this question or do you want to continue with the expert who is helping you on the previous question?