sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

Have a 2010 mercedes gl350 blutech 3.0 diesel, went into

Customer Question

have a 2010 mercedes gl350 blutech 3.0 diesel, went into limp mode. Check engine light on for code 133C00. Which is temperature sensor upstream of turbo exceeds limit( sensor b19/11 ) so I put my Solis ultra on and read the data, sensor b19/11 reads -459.1℉ so I unplug sensor and nothing changed, already bought new sensor but I do not want to install since the reading never changed, any idea of a reprogramming that must be done or driving after New sensor is installed?
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 5 months ago.
Hello. The quickest test would be to simply unplug the connector and plug in the new sensor. That will determine if the sensor is the issue or a wiring issue. And there is no reset needed for they sensor. It will self learn once installed and engine up to temp. Let me know if you need more info. I will not be on all day but I will try and respond as soon as I see your responses if any. Hope this information helps. Lou.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi I disconnected the sensor and no change. I replaced it with a known good one also.
Ok. Then it's a wiring issue. You will need to test the wiring. Let me see if there is even a reliable test plan. Some sensors like yours communicate. They don't simply send power signals. So some sensors there is no reliable test except for ohming from the connector to the control unit.

may i have your vin?

when i run your code i get this

133C00 The offset value of HFM drift compensation of component 'B2/7 (Right hot film mass air flow sensor)' was exceeded at idle.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Here's the vin

ok thanks

ok, same thing, i checked all versions of cdi control units (diesel engine modules ) all codes are showing for the right mass air flow sensor. can you run the codes again and take a picture so i can see them?

sometimes i have seen aftermarket scanners make up fault codes since the actual manufacturer info was not installed correctly. or available to the scan tool company. if this does not match up then i will have to opt out.

ok i will have to opt out.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I will get back to you on Monday. Thanks
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

Do you still need help?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I'm not at the shop and the information was not that helpful. I will tackle it on Monday.

Ok.

Let me know if you need any more help.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi I scanned it and code 106100 appears.

Do you have the actual P code number?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No

Can you obtain it? I don't show any reference for 106100 for the vehicle information supplied.