Pete, Mercedes Mechanic
Experience:  Over 15 years experience as a Mercedes dealer technician

2006 clk350. Top won't go down. I 't get the message about

Customer Question

2006 clk350. Top won't go down. I don't get the message about the trunk partition. Large suitcase was pushed in and must have changed how the partition engages. Can I get it back into place myself?
JA: Is this your first time dealing with this issue?
Customer: Hear nothing when I try to put top down. If I push the button to in the up direction I hear a clicking noise.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just to put the partition into place.
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: When I push the partition up it becomes loose like I could flip it inside out.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

If the partition was damaged this can cause this type of fault here and would need repaired and in some cases the partition replaced.I have had to replace the partition before when it isnt engaging the micro switch properly causing this issue here.

This will have to be inspected further to see if you can replace just the faulty micro switch that the partition engages or if the partition itself needs replaced.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete