Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

After I change key case n the battery it can't lock or

Customer Question

After I change key case n the battery it can't lock or unlock the door
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has this ever happened before?
Customer: 225007
JA: What is the model of your '223007 Mercedes?
Customer: E320 1999
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: Head lights defects
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 6 months ago.

Hello, there are a few things we can check, are you still needing help with this?

if you do read this then the things you can check are the following.

• press and hold any button and see if the little red light pops on near the panic button indicating the battery is ok, if not then make sure battery is in the correct way and new.
  • make sure to turn on a camera phone and press and hold the key buttons while pointing it directly at the little square on the drivers or passengers door handle if equipped, the key can unlock the car with remote frequency and infrared, so when pointing directly at the square it is using infrared and while pointing into the air it will use radio frequency.
  • autozone has a key checker that is free to use.

hope these help. Lou P. Please take a second and click the STARS above and rate my service 4 or 5 stars if you feel I have been helpful and please request me in the future. Keep in mind that when you rate it does not end our conversation, you can still return here to me for follow up information if needed, Thanks for choosing just answer. Also , if you feel i deserve one , BONUSES are GREATLY APPRECIATED! Thanks again , Lou P.