Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.

2004 mercedes w211 rear heater blows hot

Customer Question

Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 3 months ago.

Hello , when this happens its usually due to a failed stepper motor under the center console or at the base of the front heater. if you get me your vin i can get you some more info on the parts and labor involved. i will not be on all day today but i will try and respond asap when i see your messages. Lou P.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

This is a quad climate zone equipped car. There are two stepper motors that seem to respond when the heater only is used. I can adjust the heat output for each side separately. Its only when the AC is on and after 10 to 15 minutes both rear zones start blowing very hot air. I think it may be the front control unit that is defective or receiving instruction to move the stepper motors.can you elaborate on this or should i just go toercedes and get them to scan the system?