sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

I have a 2000 mercedes s500 mounts ago start having a

Customer Question

Hello i have a 2000 mercedes s500 mounts ago start having a problem with my waper blades everytime i start the car waper works few times the go off, but now im using the ac becase is to hot and i believe the rain sensor detect the cold from ac and activate the wapers how can i fix this problem
Category: Mercedes
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hello is someone there can help me out with this problem? I been waiting no answer
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 5 months ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!

There are several things that could prevent wipers from working but the most likely cause would be the wiper motor, especially if it works initially and stops.

CAn you check for power at the wiper motor with it turned on after it stops?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
maybe i did not explane my problem correctly, the wapers works, the problem is every time i start the car or open switch to start position waper work for a few times then go off, if i turn waper switch to 0 position wapers works all time, i turn switch position 1 when start the car works few times maybe rain sensor or switch?

Do the wipers work when turned on and then stop?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
waper works fine

Is your question not about incorrect operation of the windshield wipers?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
if i turn waper swich on and off they works fine , the problem is they activated itself when i start the car, waper has position 0 if i put on position 0 works all the time never stop, in position 1 when i start the car works few times, position 1 i believe is on automatic works when is raining but my works on sunny days with windshield dry

O stands for off and the wiper motor should not run in that position at all. When set to intermittent then the rain sensor signal is factored in to calculate when the wiper motor should run. If the motor runs with the switch set to off it may be the switch itself, a module issue, wiring, or a bad park switch in the wiper motor. A scan tool to monitor data and some electrical testing will be necessary to accurately diagnose the problem.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
With your experience on this cars whats most comment problem? The module park switch in motor?

The park switch is the most common cause of a wiper motor running when it should not be or not turning off.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Whats the exactly name so i can ask in parts store?

You'd need to ask for a wiper motor.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I guess i gonna have to try motor because on 0 position works all the time if i pur switch in position 1 works few times when i start the car
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Everytime i start the car wapers works few times, what do you think about switch? Can be that the problem?

Yes, the switch could definitely be the cause of the problem you're having.