Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Why is my car like shaking or like bobbing when I'm in drive

Customer Question

Why is my car like shaking or like bobbing when I'm in drive and stopped at a light
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** check engine light on? Does engine seem to misfire or just vibrate? Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yeah the check engine just went one today literally while coming home from work , but yeah it's like the car wants to go even when I'm in drive and pressing the brake buy more than likely it's the car moves cause of the engine
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Does check engine light flash at all?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
No it's just steady was on
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

It's hard to say what is going on right now, it sounds like you may have a failing ignition coil which is about a $300 repair at a shop. If you plan to fix yourself then first step is to have diagnostic codes checked which can be done at your local parts store. Once you get the codes you can let me know what they are by replacing to this answer. With codes I can tell you common/possible problems, testing/repair instructions, and costs. Let me know if you have more questions, you can reply at any time without additional fees. Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you so much Dan , literally your the best
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

No problem, I'm happy to help. Make sure to let me know how it turns out or what the codes are you get a chance. Thanks again and have a good night!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yeah I'll get you codes if not tomorrow , then the day after but I will try as soon as possible
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

Sounds like a plan, I'll be here when you get them. Thanks.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hey bud so that's why your the expert it is the ignition coils , now I was just wondering if you where I could get them with out spending a fortune
Expert:  Dan replied 5 months ago.

It is a pretty easy job to do yourself but any shop can do this job so I'd just call a few places for quotes. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Hey bud I have a question how do I check the oil ? like idk how to on the c320 2001 Mercedes benz