MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes

Car doors trunk and gas flap will not open when pressing

Customer Question

car doors trunk and gas flap will not open when pressing open button, the batteries were just replaced last week by Mercedes when I had yearly maintenance done, and it has been working till today...louie
JA: Has the battery died recently?
Customer: no
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2001 S430
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: turned manual key to closed position and held open remote button for a few minutes hoping to reprogram
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: no just parked car for lunch and returned and door would not unlock and few minutes earlier refueled and gas flap was working now it also locked
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP