Daniel Wilson
Daniel Wilson,
Experience:  Owner at DJ Wilson
65405794

My a/c is coming on but no air is coming out.. when I drive

Customer Question

My a/c is coming on but no air is coming out.. when I drive u can feel the air seeping out but not blowing
JA: Do the vents feel cold? Is there a coolant leak?
Customer: They feel cold don't know if it's a leak will that stop it from blowing
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2004 S430
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No a shop but I don't want to buy the wrong parts.. all I know they tried to check blow motor fuse but couldn't find all the fuse boxes
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: The red light that says a/c off will not cut off
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Daniel Wilson replied 5 months ago.

Hi my name is***** will be glad to try to help. You are correct in testing all your fuses for power on both sides using a test light on the top metal tabs with the key on. Any fuse with power only on one side is bad. If okay access the blower motor and test for power at the electrical plug with the blower motor turned on. check your relays too by swapping with a known good one. If there is power and good ground there but the blower motor is not working it means the motor is bad. Let me now