MB Paul
MB Paul, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Qualified Mercedes Benz Diagnostic Technician - 20+ years experience - Workshop Foreman for Mercedes
15777119

Two questions...how did turn off message that says service

Customer Question

Two questions...how did turn off message that says service in Xxx.x days. I have a 1999 clk320 cabriolet.Second question:
There panic alarm is not sounding off when I press panic on the remote. The normal horn works fine.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I' m Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I' m reviewing your question now, and I will be post back with your reply ASAP

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you

you welcome

The panic alarm it could be the key fob itself, how the buttons on the keyfob look like any cracks in them or the antitheft module itself the panic feature is defective internally

bad key fob is usually number one reason , but you can have it tested with a capable diagnostic scanner to be accurate

let me look up procedure for the other question

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Did you ever find an answer to the question on how to turn off service in Xxx.x days message on instrument panel in dash?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I also sent you pics of the keyfob on panic alarm. I understand there is a fuse in the trunk that could tools a siren in the front of the car under fender well. Can you tell me what fuse number in trunk or anything that needs to be done under the fender on the siren itself?...I am trying to get both of these items completed.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7zntf872283ragg/2005_clk320_clk500_clk55amg_cabriolets%2099%20clk%20320%20IP1.pdf?dl=0

1- this the link for the car manual , scroll down to page 144 , for days adjustment , actually it has all the setting so download the manual to your desktop , i sent a link to my dropbox , but i will stay open for 7 days so u can access it

2- the fuse you asking about will be fuse # ***** in the rear trunk fuse box , ( anti theft alarm horn )

The picture you sent I never received maybe try downloading again here

please let me know if you need anything else

Chad (aka -Customer

please let me know if you need anything else on it ?

Thank You
Chad Farhat