Marty
Marty, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  Bosch Certified Master Tech. Over 35 years experience.
13230946

Low voltage switch off consumer.....what does that

Customer Question

low voltage switch off consumer.....what does that mean...fix?
JA: What is the model/year of your Mercedes?
Customer: 2003 C320
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: No...nothing
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: I had a mechanic check this several weeks ago...said battery and alternator seemed to be OK...battery two years old
JA: Have you tested the battery? Is the battery fluid low?
Customer: will check...thx
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Marty replied 5 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** message means that the battery voltage has dropped to a critical level. If the battery has been load tested and checks okay the problem will usually be a faulty alternator. The alternator is probably charging the battery intermittently. When the mechanic tested the alternator it was probably working but it is more than likely cutting in and out as you drive. The alternator will probably need to be replaced in the near future. The battery cables and alternator connections should also be checked.

Let me know if you have any questions. Please rate my service in order for the website to credit me for answering your question.

Marty