Lou P. master tech
Lou P. master tech, Mercedes Technician
Experience:  15 years master certified 100% fix rate and have access to factory radio codes, wiring, and instructions.
27644750

I have Mercedes Benz 500cls 2006 I have just change all air

Customer Question

I have Mercedes Benz 500cls 2006 I have just change all air bag structs including pump my car came up but suddenly went back down on all fours my middle button which control the sports mode does not work anymore is it relay switch and or fuses need HELP
JA: Have you located the fuse box? Do you know the fuse number?
Customer: yes fuses associated are 37 39 41
JA: What is the model of your '06 Mercedes?
Customer: 500cls
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have a friend that put the machine on to find out what was wrong at this point it gave the code of relay..i have a friend who can fix
JA: Anything else you think the mechanic should know?
Customer: that's it.....i am sure this is not a costly repair after my research it all points to this and can be done
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mercedes Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mercedes
Expert:  Lou P. master tech replied 8 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** am going over your info to see how i can assist, i will respond soon with some info.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
ok

ok so is the car on the ground with all 4 wheels touching the ground?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
since we put on new air bag and struct it came up stayed up a day and now down on all four tires

ok. did you just replace 1 strut or??

if all 4 are down either the compressor failed or the fuse blew. the fuse is under the passenger side carpet, where the feet are at, ill send over a link.

also the relay is in the drivers side of the engine bay fuse box all the way at the back corner by itself, the relay usually fails and sticks on and causes the compressor to run until the fuse blows.

fuse 74 is the blue connector. let me know what you find.